04 February, 2015

2 Little Birds

Hi, Kathy here today with a cute little box made using
 the "I Heart You" download

I've been meaning to make one of these birdhouse-shaped boxes for ages and what better time than now?
This box opens at the base for adding some little treats - though I think it would need a little bit of tape to make sure it stayed closed.  If I made another I would try and come up with an alternative - maybe make a little door at the back and seal the base up altogether.

 I printed the designs I wanted to use onto white Bazzill card. then cut the box pieces one using my Silhouette machine. 
 When I print onto card I cut the 12x12 sheets down to just under A4 width, which leaves a long narrow cut-off which I don't want to waste, obviously! 

 One of the great things about Funky Hand downloads is that you can resize the designs - maybe "cut" a little bit off the side, then alter your printer's settings so you can print onto odd sizes of paper or card.  So I print the main pieces on the large sheet, then use the off-cuts to print any smaller pieces I need - I hope that makes sense!

Basically, by doing this, and printing on both sides I only used 1 whole sheet of 12x12, plus an extra off cut length from my box of scraps

Materials and Tools
Silhouette machine to cut box shape
Spellbinders Nesties: plain circle and Lacey circle
EK Success border punch for "tiles" on roof and the gable design

Heart feature at the top of the box is cut from one of the papers
Little birds are hand-cut, as is the door
Perch is just a tightly rolled scrap of paper, glued up then poked through a small hole made with needle tool and bamboo skewer
The birds are attached to the box with cut up pieces of foam tape so they stand away from the box


 There you go - a cute idea for a little Lovebirds box to fill up with treats for your own loved one. I hope you like it

I had some leftovers after making the box so I made a scrapling card


Materials and Tools
Scraps of  Funky Hand Download  "I Heart You"
Baker's Twine and Silver thread
Small metal key charm

The big heart is made by covering both sides of a  scrap of card then die-cutting (DieNamics Nesting Hearts)
I then embossed it with a Cuttlebug "Swirls" folder, inked lightly with a silver ink pad, then traced over the swirls with Stickles Ice glitter glue (Crystal Ice)
The tiny punched hearts were shaped with an embossing ball tool then dixed in place with a blob of Glossy Accents


Remember, all the "Love themed" downloads are on a Special Loved-Up price of only £1 each all through February, so a great time to stock up on downloads you may have missed.

We'd love to see what you make too.....
Thanks for visiting today

2 comments:

  1. Kathy we are lucky today with two amazing makes. Thank you so much for sharing how you created them. The love bird box is to die for!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.