24 August, 2013

Paper Flowers

Hello Sammylou here on the last bank holiday of the summer.

My summer holiday officially starts today and I've spent the last few weeks looking for ways to entertain my four year old while I get some sneaky crafting in. Fortunately he's already a handmade convert and fairly skilled with a pair of scissors so we have made some simple paper flowers. It's kind of like the snowflakes you made as children but without the holes cut out.

All you need are some squares of paper. I printed mine double sided using papers from the Dreams Come True CD Rom which you can pick up for the fantastic bargain price of £5.99 at the moment. My son chose some from the Just for Jen download (he does have a penchant for pink and a pritt stick!) and here's what we made:

 
 


Being the Mummy, mine are slightly smaller and embellished with some buttons and twine from my stash. Folding them in different ways and varying the cut means you can create lots of different sizes and shapes without the need for a die-cutting machine. I've outlined some of the leftover squares with a white gel pen and used a Kraft card for my base.

We're also going to try making some Christmas decorations and if they turn out well, I may just show them next time! Enjoy your weekend and the rest of the Summer holidays. And don't forget we love to see where your imagination takes you with Funky Hand. Pop a link below or join the fun on the Facebook page.

Happy crafting, love Sammylou xXx



4 comments:

  1. oooh they are both gorgeous Sammy, but that bottom one is just perfect ;) I absolutely adore mini crafty peeps.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely darling and the fact that your son made them makes them even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable. I love to get kiddies crafting.Your son has done a marvellous job as have you dearie.2 beautiful cards.What a team you are.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these cards. There is nothing like getting the craft stuff out and having a play. If you have a very talented helper like you have, it's even better. Thanks for sharing Sammylou.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.