25 July, 2013

Winter Butterfly

Happy Thursday everyone! Tabbatha here today to show you an amazing card that I made using the fabulous Winter Wedding Papers & Alpha set. This set has some of the best purple-mauve hues ever!

I specifically set out to use the set in a non-wedding manner and a wonderful birthday card sprung to mind. The recipient LOVES butterflies and I knew the gorgeous purples would win her over.


To get this look I first used a thick lilac cardstock. The front was completed using only Funky Hand papers from the Winter Wedding set. The base card facing is Paper 5, while the butterfly itself uses Paper 11 and Paper 6. The flowers were made using Papers 9, 13 and 14. Yikes!! As you can see, by using 6 different papers in the set I was able to create a beautiful monotone creation. :)

Here is the inside!


The alphabet lining is from my stash that I REALLY needed to use up, otherwise I would have used Paper 4 or Paper 10 and cut the lining in pieces to get the sizing right. I also used the alphabet that comes with the Winter Wedding set. I chose to keep it all capitals, but I love the affect of the beautiful purple on the cross word.

The white inserts on the last two folds are actually from the Christmas Tree paper set - it is Paper 8, a lovely white paper with that fantastic snake-skin like texture that Anice has in so many sets - thankfully!!

One thing about crafting that can come hard is how to coordinate papers and as you see you don't have to look to far to create something absolutely stunning. I have to say that the Winter Wedding set is one of the best purple papers that I've seen. What my card doesn't show you, is the lovely, lovely ombre effect on many of the papers. :D I'll leave you for now, but I'll be back next week!

4 comments:

  1. Such a clever and pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful.Fab idea too.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh oh wow! its gorgeous. I love all those patterns working together so neat!
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is a real stunner Tabbatha. It really shows how to use lots of the papers from one collection and it still work great. I can't wait to see what other amazing creations you will share with us.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.