15 July, 2011

New Funky Challenge - Boys Boys Boys!

It's the fifteenth of the month so its time for a new Get Funky challenge! And I (Ruth) am your hostess for this month and I have picked the theme of:

Boys, Boys, Boys!

So anything male related be it for the little or big boys in your life! Please remember that you need to use at least one Funky Hand product in your creation but if you don't have anything, don't worry as Anice has designed another freebie that you can find on the download section of the website which fits perfectly with the challenge theme! So no excuses!

Both my boys have their Birthday's in early September and this year I WILL be organised as I've made their cards for this challenge!


As I really enjoy making word books I thought this would be perfect - Samuel's has been made with papers from Funky Daze (bargain at £7.99!) and I've created the letters by using wordart, double layered them and added to the pages. The little stars are from a punch and I've added a faux stitch around the letters for definition.

Jacobs has been made in the same way but with papers from Now That's Funky (another bargain at £7.99!) and I've added some stars from the freebie download. I printed the sheet to fit twice onto A4 so that the stars were small enough to use over the letters. The stars have had the glossy accents treatment too!


I found the raffia in my cupboard when looking for something else - I knew when I bought it that it would come in handy one day!

Now I just need to keep them in a safe place until September. And what's the odds that I forget where I've left them?!

Good luck with the challenge! You have until midnight GMT on 14 August to enter and please remember to use a Funky Hand product and to link directly to your blog post via the blue frog below!

Another Funkette will be along in a few days for more inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. These are brilliant and I'm sure they will love them (as long as you don't mislay them meanwhile).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your freebie, which is wonderful, for my second card. Please get rid of my first one. Sorry again, I just went ahead with out reading your rules, that will teach me. I loved everything about the freebie. Thanks very much, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love those word books, very FUNKY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fb word books Ruth, your boys have one talented Mum!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry - didn't read the rules properly so there isn't a funky hand product on my card - please delete my entry.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just so special for your boys Ruth - they'll treasure them forever...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fab challenge girlies.Inspiring makes from the design team.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.