12 June, 2015

Pocket Page Book, by Kathy

Hi, it's Kathy today, and this time I'd like to show you a mini pocket album I've been making with the "Cold Walk" designs from this month's showcase CD
"Now That's Funky"  

 I've not decided what to use this book for, so it's still empty and lacking a title at them moment.


I've used a Hinge Binding method for my mini album.  There are loads of variations on this, and masses of tutorials on the web, but this is the one I used to learn how to make one:
 [ Hinge Binding video tutorial ]

There's loads of room for photos etc as each "page" is a pocket, so as well as decorating the pages, a photo or journalling can be added to each side of the tags that go into them too.



Materials and Tools
"Cold Walk"  from the Funky Hand CD "Now That's Funky" 
the designs were all printed on textured white Bazzill card 
Matching Bazzill card in blue to make the hinge section and the ends of the tags
EK Success border punch to decorate edges of pockets
On the Cover 
Ribbon, hand-cut banners, hand made Rolled roses,
Tiny blue gems, Stickles Glitter Glu, Die cut roses, lavels and swirls

Dies: Nesties Labels 18 (Spellbinders) 
Shapeabilities Sprigs (Spellbinders Die D'Lites) 
"Tea Rose medium" (Cheery Lynn)

Here's a quick picture tutorial on how to make the pocket pages, I hope it makes sense - you should be able to click for a larger view

For the tags, I printed on both sides of my card.  I resized to 1/4 size versions of the designs so that when cut out the tags, both sides are pretty!
I didn't have a tag die the right size to make the end bits for my tags, so I found an image on the web, "cut" it down in my graphics program so that only the fancy end remained, then put it into my Silhouette Cameo to resize and cut to fit.  There is one of these end pieces on each side of the tag so that it's nicely reinforced and won't break despite going out and in their pocket


That's it, I hope you like this book and maybe you'll use your Funky Hand stash to make your own pocket book.  It's the right time of the year to be thinking of albums for photos of all your summer adventures and you're bound to find just the right papers to show them off with on a Funky Hand CD or download collection
 
Don't forget, this CD is on offer in the SHOP for just £1 at the moment so don't miss out! Here's a quick look at just some of the designs you'll get on the CD



We'd love to see what you make with Funky Hand goodies too.....
Thanks for visiting today



No comments:

Post a Comment

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.