01 October, 2014

Have you a Minute or 10?

Hi, Kathy here today and I seem to have been in such a rush lately - so much to do so little time.  So I thought I'd have a go at something I have never, ever found easy - 10 minute cards!

Now I'm not counting printing time in that 10 minutes or so, but, as it happened I had a some pieces of these Winter Wedding papers from Funky Hand lying on my desk (I'll show you why, later), so the only printing I needed to do was an extra A5 piece of the dark blue pinstripe  as I didn't have a piece big enough to make the background square
How easy is this card then?  I think these papers work so well for a geometric layout like this.
A big square, a smaller square and a little one to fix the monogram to.
The banner is just a rectangle with the points hand=cut, and the "brads" were made just with a small circle punch and shaped with an embossing ball tool.
The monogram is a chipboard sticker so no work there either.

I still had a few scraps so I thought I'd have another go

The 2 layers for the banner are made the same way as above.
The circle is a Spellbinders Nestie die
As luck would have it I had a spare printed "Happy Birthday" sentiment left over from something else 
(I'd printed 2 at the same time as I wasn't sure which font I liked best for a project)
Okay, so I'll admit deciding to make a little rosette pushed this over the 10 minutes, but not by much.  It's just a strip of paper, scored using my scoring board, folded up quickly and glued onto a punched circle of card. 
 It didn't take long. 
The centre of the rosette is another punched circle (a bit larger than the ones on the first card), shaped with a ball tool again and glued in place
Probably took 15 minutes max to make this one

So, what cards can you make in 10-15 minutes>  If you have a go, don't forget to let us know where we can see your creations

Oh yes, I was going to show what I'd been making with these papers wasn't I?
That's it for this time, thanks for visiting - don't go without leaving a message, we'd all love to hear from you ;)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea dearie.sometimes it's good to challenge ourselves.will have to give it a go.love your cards,they show the papers off beautifully.hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that your 10 min cards look like my 1 hour cards? and your 1 hour cards look like something I could never make? Craft ability I suppose! These creations are fantastic Kathy. Thank you very much for sharing your ideas with us. Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.