15 January, 2015

Hearts and Flowers Duo

Hello

Happy New Year!

Gosh, it's been a while since we popped by to post some of our Funky Hand makes, hasn't it?  We will try and be better now the festivities are over. 

 Lets face it, we could probably all do with a bit of creative inspiration to get us crafting again -  I'm always relieved to put away the most Christmassy stuff, and I'm desperate to craft something different I seem to have forgotten how to make anything without baubles, trees, snowflakes stockings ........ but maybe that's just me......

Anyway, I needed a little gift box to put a birthday present in, so I made  a little pillow box and matching birthday card using the 
Would you believe that when I went to save my photos I discovered that I'd never made anything with these designs before?  So even after several years of designing with Fabulous Funky Hand I can still find "new" treasures.  This is a little tip for you too - pop across to the shop and see what's there that you've missed - it might be just the kick-start you need to get crafting
I started by printing the main design on one side of a sheet of A4 card and another on the other side - so that both the inside and outside of the finished box would look pretty.  Then I resized and printed a selection of the designs on both sides of another sheet of card so that I had plenty of choice for the trimming the box and making the birthday card


As you can see, I put lots of dies and punches to work making these, then I raided my embellishment stash to find matching net, ribbon, gems and pearls to finish it off


The colours were such a refreshing change to use after all the festive ones that I really felt energised and ready to do some more crafting.  I've been busy exploring and printing off more papers from the various downloads and CDs and wading through my Pinterest boards for all those ideas "saved to try later"!

Here are the card and box together in one last really dreadful photo - I really should learn to check the images to make sure I have good photos before putting the things in the post! Ah well, such is life

Come back soon for more Funky Hand Crafting - and if you've been using Funky Hand goodies in your own crafting, we'd really love to see so leave us a link so we can pop by.


2 comments:

  1. All these creations are just beautiful Kathy. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kathy, you've blown me away again dearie.such beautiful and inspiring makes.love them.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.