12 January, 2013

Use Up Your Scraps!

It's my turn to provide some inspiration and to showcase a Funky Hand product (or two) and I thought that because its a New Year and we all set ourselves (unrealistic!) New Year Resolutions to use the stash that we have, I'd better do what I say, and I've made these cards:


I've actually made a few more than the photo shows, but you get the idea!  I've cut a sheet of A4 card in half to make two cards and used an X Cut facy die for the scalloped bottom edge.  Lightly inked in black around the edge and then added a faux stitched line with a fineliner black pen.

The bunting has been made with offcuts from wordbooks (Retro Fun) and bits left over from normal cards (Funky Daze) - I get a lot of requests to make the wordbooks and I hate to throw away the bits I cut off especially as at least one side has been printed on.  I simply cut some strips and then measured 2cm for the top of the triangle and then cut!  Layered onto a base colour, glued in place with silicone glue and then added the bows of embroidery thread afterwards.

I also dotted a black spot with a Sharpie marker and then dabbed glossy accents over the top.  The sentiment stamp is a Studio G acrylic 99p set and as I sent very few Christmas cards, I decided that I'd be sending Spring cards instead.  Mainly because I ran out of time (kids had something on nearly every night and each weekend from mid November onwards) and I thought that Spring cards would stay displayed longer!

Although we are no longer setting challenges, you can still link up and show us your creations with Funky Hand products!  Just use the blue frog below!

3 comments:

  1. These are so lovely Ruth.Love the clean lines.Such a great way to use up your scrap pieces and the best bit is that nobody knows that they were made with offcuts.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Spring cards. Also a great idea to use up your scraps, of course only you could make 'scrap' cards look so amazing. Fab tip, and technique Ruth.
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely crisp design, Ruth - works beautifully with the shaped card

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.