09 April, 2011

Springy Spring

My turn to post seems to have come around very quickly. It doesn't seem five minutes since I was doing the write up for the last challenge! I think someone somewhere is secretly stealing my days!!! The Funky Fifteenth challenge over on the Get Funky blog was chosen, this month by Lou and she chose Zing Into Spring as her challenge. She would love to see your projects (it doesn't just have to be a card) using funky spring colours of greens, yellows and lilacs but please remember that you need to use a Funky Hand paper on your entry. If you don't already own any of Anice's fabulous creations (shame on you :)) then she has created another free sheet for you to use, available here.

And here is my offering!
 Sorry about the photo, I just couldn't get one without the flower casting a shadow over the rest of the card.
I thought I would have a 'springy' flower on my card for a change so I started by printing the floral paper off in three different sizes...A4, A5 and A6. I cut out a complete flower from each of the sheets plus a couple of daisies from the A4 sheet. I edged all the flowers with diamond Stickles and once they were dry I layered the flowers on top of each other and fastened them together onto a strip of acetate measuring approximately 10 cm by 1 cm.
I used the spare daisy to cover the legs of the brad at the back of the flower.
Crease the acetate approximately 2 cm from the end and fold and adhere the folded edge behind your chosen backing paper at the top of the card. Cut a strip of the floral paper from the A5 sheet, cut green flowers from the rest of the sheet and stick onto the flowers on the paper. Dot the centres with Stickles to finish.

I hope you are enjoying our challenges and that you have the time to join us. Don't forget to check out the work which has been produced by my fabulous team mates.

Thanks for looking
Jackie

6 comments:

  1. aaah this is so pretty, love the glitter on the flower xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie this is so springy - literally, what a brilliant idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wo - how brilliant - so fresh and cheery. Love it!
    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, great idea! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab projects from the design team, fantastic theme.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have used the acetate to give your flower a good old bounce! and I hopefully will be able to have a try at it now that you have shared your technique. Thank you very much..I need all the ideas I can get!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.