02 February, 2011

A cute Robot going round in circles!

It's time for me (Jane) to share my Project for the Funky Fifteenth 'Going around in circles' Challenge. I have made a card using the adorable Robot digi which is available on the fabulous new 'Craft The Year Away' Papercraft Factory CD which was released last weekend. I used some very funky circles paper to layer my paper pieced robot onto.
I really love paper piecing digital images but don't do it that often as it always involves lots of time spent planning, running the papers several times through the printer to get the correct layers and I usually end up wasting lots of ink and paper to print one small image.


The new Papercraft Factory CD has however changed all this thanks to the new Workspace feature which allows you to print all the elements for your card on one page. It's like a virtual craft mat! All the different papers I used for my Robot card were printed on one sheet with very little planning.
I have taken a screen shot to illustrate what I mean and I will try and explain how I did it!



First I picked the aqua paper from the 'Marching on' collection and sent it to the Workspace, I added the sentiment to the bottom right hand corner of the page.
I went back to the paper collection, picked the lime green paper and sent it to the Workspace, I resized it to a small rectangle in the top left corner. I went back to the paper collection one last time to pick the circles paper and resized it to a larger rectangle in the top right hand corner.
Finally, I sent the digi image twice to the workspace and put one over the lime paper and one over the aqua paper. You can superimpose the images on top of one another and resize them to ensure they are both the same size.
I then printed the page out and cut out all the elements, inking the edges before adding them to my card base. For the robot's antennae, I coloured a wire paper flower stem black and curled it around a pencil and then added the circle on the top which I covered with glitter glue.
Easy peasy! I love the Workspace on the new CD so much, it makes creating cards with lots of different papers so easy!
I hope you have enjoyed seeing how I created my card, you still have time to join in with this month's Challenge and Anice has even created a freebie for you to use which is available here.
Please take a look at Allison's post for all the details on how to join in the fun!
Jane
x

3 comments:

  1. Great card and thanks for the tutorial - I'm eagerly awaiting my new CD and then I can try this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card! :)
    Thanks for the tips on the workspace too, it does look great and I love that it will update my other cd's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane that is just super hun, love it and love the screenshot too, i spent ages trying to explain that cool part of it to one of my friends the other day so i can just send her here now!!! lol!!! huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.