01 August, 2015

Funky Hand is closing down


It's been a wonderful ride running Funky Hand and I'm sort of sad as I sit writing this blog post to tell you that I have decided to close the business down.

It's been on the cards for a while, my passion for designing began to dwindle in 2014.  I had a really good talk with myself on the day I cleaned bathrooms instead of finishing up designing a new backing paper collection. Why would I do my most hated chore rather than do what was supposed to be my 'passion'? Simple, I'd falled out of love. :(

Since then I have been talking myself into closing and then staying open and back again.  Finally, I have decided that it's time to say goodbye.

Over the years Funky Hand has been totally brilliant and totally terrible, sometimes at the same time!  I've met wonderful people and created virtual friendships that are better than some real ones I have. Everyone of my Design Team members have been the most talented, supportive, inspiring and precious women I shall ever have in my life. I thank them all for everything they created for me over the years and for the times they have had to listen to me moan and cry and helped pick me up off the floor, also pulling me off the ceiling and down to earth when things had gone better than I ever expected.

I've had the opportunity to do so many things that I wouldn't have been able to imagine doing like presenting live TV shows selling my own products. Moving into a cool little office and winning a small business award. These are just a few things that come to mind now, but there have been so many others.

But, all good things come to an end and now I am heading off to pastures new taking with me the experience I have gained from running Funky Hand.

To say thank you to all my customers I've put up one last sale with loads of discount off everything.  Pop over to the website to take a look it will be on until the 8th August when the virtual doors of Funky Hand will be shut for good.

So, that's it.  I don't have much else to say really.  I started a new job a couple of months ago and I'm loving the new challenges it's putting infront of me.  I'm very lucky to be able to change direction again at my age and I'm making sure I get as much out of my new job as I did from running my own business. Seems to offer a little less stress..but alot more deadlines, that's what  happens when someone else is setting them I suppose. :)

Thanks for everything,
Anice xx

8 comments:

  1. I'll be sad to see you go but good luck with the job. I have all your cds and will carry on using them in my cardmaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela. I'm really enjoying my new job but I'll always have a place for the crafty world in my heart. Anice x

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the new venture Anice, wish you well
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the very best with your new venture - you will be missed and I continue to use the wonderful papers which came along with the programme I bought (with subsequent additions. A wonderful selection of designs and colours for all occasions - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank you for being a wonderful customer. I will miss the crafty world..not getting much time to be around it as you can prob tell with me responsing to you message so late (sorry) But everything has to change..keeps things interesting and I'm finding digital marketing very interesting :) x

      Delete

We hope you have enjoyed the paper craft inspiration from the Funky Hand Design Team. Leave a comment, we'd love to hear from you.